Back on Track Obsidian Turnout Rug With Neck Cover. Therapy Turnout Horse Rug with either a 150g or 300g Filling with Welltex Infrared Technology.
“Obsidian” is an utterly elegant multi-functional turnout rug with a detachable neck cover. The anatomical fit and the soft foam padding on top of the withers slightly lifts the rug to relieve pressure and increase comfort.
Both rug and neck cover are composed of a breathable, water-repellent outer layer (5000mm-3000gsm) and an inner layer made from woven Welltex® fabric, closest to the horse’s coat. The sleek surface of the lining protects the fur from chafing, and the fabric provides an intense and powerful reflection of infrared energy. The rug allows for Welltex® to exert its therapeutic effect over a large area on the horse’s body.
Available in the following Colour – Black
The Back on Track Obsidian Turnout Rug is available in the following sizes. Simply measure from the base of the NECK / WITHER to the top of the TAIL in CM’S. Please note the below sizes are an approximate guide as all horses can vary.
- 125cm = heavier 5ft9 to finer 6ft
- 135cm = heavier 6ft to finer 6ft3
- 140cm = heavier 6ft3
- 145cm = 6ft6 to finer 6ft9
- 155cm = heavier 6ft6 / 6ft9 to finer 7ft
- 165cm = heavier 7ft to finer 7ft3 / 7ft6
- 150g rug has a 100g detachable neck cover
- 300g rug has a 200g detachable neck cover
The Welltex – Material means that your horse or pony can benefit from the restorative properties of infared heat and a sense of well being.
How it works:
Ceramic powder is melted into the fibres of the fabric. The Welltex – Material TM Reflects body heat in the form of infra red heat, an energy form know to increase well-being.
Reflected body heat can reduce muscle tension and increase blood circulation which helps speed up recovery from injury as well as reducing the possibility of injury making it really popular among all horse owners.
- The rug is kept in place by double chest buckles, crossed surcingles and a plastic-covered tail cord with D-rings.
- The design enables easy and sturdy attachment to Back on Track liners.
- Luxuriously jet black in colour, both the rug and the neck cover are adorned with reflexive piping around the edges, for high visibility and safety.
- Detachable neck cover included which attaches to the rug with hook and loop straps.
- Foam padding for pressure relief around withers.
- Both rug and neck cover are composed of a breathable, water-repellent outer layer (5000mm-3000gsm) and an inner layer made from woven Welltex® fabric, closest to the horse’s coat.
- Machine Washable up to 30 degrees C. Do not tumble dry