The FRA Simple Hoof Rasp. Easily removes excess hoof wall and rounds of the edge of the hoof wall in a very simple way. Lightweight and really easy to use.
- RED = COARSE BLADES for removing more hoof wall
- YELLOW = FINE BLADES for a smooth finish
- The blades can be easily replaced and swapped by simply sliding the blades out and pushing back in. You can add a coarse blade to a yellow fine rasp and vice versa. Therefore being able to gain the different finishes on the rasp blades. Or simply order both the RED COARSE and YELLOW FINE rasp versions
The FRA Simple Hoof Rasp’s features are as follows – Please see the additional images!
- The different finishes of spare blades are interchangeable
- Non-slip sides, ergonomic grip can be reversed for small or large hands
- Improves hoof condition and helps prevent chips and cracks
- Helps to eliminate flare and ease breakover
- Supports hoof balance and soundness
- Easy to use
- Ideal for youngsters and shod horses as well as unshod and barefoot equines
The simple rasp allows the horse owner to improve the quality and care of their horses feet. The simple rasp can be safely used by horse owners to control flare, round or roll the edge of the hoof wall (known also as a mustang roll), and maintain a quick breakover in between professional trims. The way this tool has been designed allows the horses hoof to be held to the side and in one hand, the same as if you were picking the feet out which is far safer and more user friendly than a conventional rasp.
The other problem for horse owners using a traditional rasp is the danger of removing too much hoof wall which can compromise the hoof capsule. There is no danger of this happening with the Simple Rasp, so horse owners can quickly and confidently attend to their horses feet without fear of doing any damage. Every barefoot horse owner knows the importance of keeping the hoof in balance and maintaining the rolled edge, and the Simple Rasp will allow the horse owner to maintain the hoof in the correct shape, thus allowing longer periods between professional trims. By correctly maintaining the hoof (ideally as discussed with their hoof care professional), the hoof is able to grow and strengthen far more consistently which can dramatically decrease the time it takes to rectify hoof abnormalities such as flare. A good rolled edge is essential to help prevent chips and splits in the hoof wall, which makes the Simple Rasp invaluable for horse owners who want to ensure their horses feet stay in perfect condition all year round. If a shod horse looses a shoe, the most common problem is the loss of hoof due to chipping and splitting before the farrier can come to replace the lost shoe. It is also a very safe and easy way to introduce a young horse to the idea of having his feet trimmed.
A must have for every horse owner!