A Small Trickle Softee Net – Small Hole Slow Feeder Net. The latest version slow feeder net from Trickle Net. Strong Horse Hay / Haylage Net. The softee trickle net holds up to 4kgs of dry hay so ample capacity yet will slow greedy horses down.
Ideal for horses stabled overnight or on a track system. Small holes to restrict hay / haylage intake and reduce wastage. Each Trickle Net has been hand stitched in England.
The new knotless SOFTEE nets offer you and your horse a bit of luxury in the stable, while still providing much more nibble time. The Softee Net is made with a 5mm strong braided knotless twine, with 25mm holes for very effective slow feeding. The mesh material is a silky smooth composition, and the nets are incredibly easy to use with a wide open end and plenty of soft rope for tying them up however works best for you.
As with all Trickle net products it is recommended you cross the rope over the top and through the opposite side before you pull the end closed. Also be sure to tie off under the spine or under several mesh (not just one) so as to prevent the possibility of damage.
Using Trickle Nets saves you so much money on wasted forage and bedding, they also provide your horse with prolonged and controlled access to forage which brings many physical and mental health benefits. Grazing keeps your horse happy, and with a Softee Trickle Net they can graze anywhere.
- Will this net slow my horse down as much as the Trickle Net Mini? – Not quite. The knotless material will always have a degree of ‘give’ in the braid which allows some stretch in the hole size when in use. It is a very effective slow feeding net, but for better control use one of the knotted net products such as The Trickle Net Mini which has holes that do not stretch at all.
- Is this product kind to teeth? – All of Trickle Net products are kind to your horses teeth. Their products are all made with various modern plastic compositions which are no match for healthy tooth enamel.
- Can I soak hay in the net? – We don’t advise soaking with this product. The netting is waterproof, but the nature of the weave may retain water and harbour bacteria as a result. If you do use this net for soaking, we recommend regular washing with high pressure hosepipe.
The SMALL Trickle Softee Slow Feeder Net sizes are as follows:
- Made from strong 5mm braided knotless twine
- Each hole is 25mm
- Holds up to 4kg of dry hay
- It is ideal for travelling, or for ponies under 14hh. Or just as a day net for your bigger horses.
Available in the following colour: