An Equus Equi-Temp Infrared Laser Thermometer. The Equi-Temp Infrared Laser Thermometer is an essential heat detection instrument using the latest technology to detect heat variations in the hoof and body of your horse. This infra red thermometer is a must for every horse owner.
The Equus Equi-Temp Infrared Laser Thermometer uses the latest technology to detect heat variations in the hoof and body of your horse. As we know when injury occurs, heat is generated by the natural healing process. Sometime the injury can be unseen and heat changes can be subtle. Equi-temp has laser alignment and when pointed at an area will digitally display the surface temperature of that area. The digital display is Centigrade or Fahrenheit selectable. Farriers quite often come across hoof lameness. Being able to locate the hot spot in the hoof can help guide them to where the problem is whether it’s an abscess or a deeper seated problem. This can be used around the body of the horse, dog, cat, human to detect heat changes.
The Equus Equi-Temp Infrared Laser Thermometer suggested uses are:
- If your horse is lame. Check the hoof temperature. If 3 hooves are at 14c and one is at 24c, problem located.
- Check for hooves heating up in potential lamanitic horses.
- Can be used to check tendon temperatures for horses in training.
- Locate hotspots in knees, hock’s and other areas.
- Although this is not an exact science, in general where there is excess heat, there is a problem. Being able to locate the hotspot can help early diagnosis and speed up recovery.
WARNING DO NOT aim the laser at eyes as laser light can permanently damage eyesight.
The Equus Equi-Temp Infrared Laser Thermometer features are:
- Incorporates laser alignment (Shines a red dot on the area)
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to use
- No risk of cross contamination
- Auto power off after 20 seconds maximising battery life
- Centigrade or Fahrenheit selectable
This Equus Equi-Temp Infrared Laser Thermometer is a must for every horse owner or stable yard!